Learn How to Access Library Services at JHU Montgomery County Campus
The Johns Hopkins University Montgomery County Campus branch of the Sheridan Libraries closed in June, but faculty, students, staff and Osher members may still use library resources.
Online and other library services, including Ask a Librarian, live chat, phone reference, database access, research orientations for classes and circulation of physical materials, will still be available.
Faculty, students and staff can:
1) Reach librarians for questions, individual research consultations and schedule online class instruction by using any of the following options:
- Submit questions to Ask a Librarian
- Email email@example.com
- Call 410-516-8335
- Text 410-692-8874
- Chat online
- Meet in person at the Homewood, Columbia or DC campus locations
2) Conduct research through the online catalogue and databases at www.library.jhu.edu. Users can also use the dedicated database terminals in A/R Room 202 or call a librarian at 410-516-8335.
3) Get physical materials delivered to the Montgomery County Campus at the designated pickup location
- Faculty, students and staff with library cards can make requests via the online catalogue, Catalyst. Those without a JHED ID can use their library barcode and PIN. Be sure to select “Montgomery” for campus pickup location.
- Faculty and students with a JHED ID can have Interlibrary Loan or BorrowDirect books delivered for pickup at the Montgomery County Campus.
- Materials can be conveniently returned to the Montgomery County Campus to the library cart, which is located at the Gilchrist Hall lobby front desk (or A/R front desk when Gilchrist is closed). Library books must be picked up within seven days of notification of their availability.
Please contact 410-516-8335 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.