The Montgomery County Campus has three buildings: the Academic & Research Building (A&R), Gilchrist Hall and the 9605 Building.
Classes are conducted in A&R and Gilchrist. In addition, the A&R Building and the 9605 Building are home to a number of corporate and research tenants.
Amenities available for students and tenants at the Montgomery County Campus include:
- Library. The Montgomery Library Resource Center, a satellite of the Sheridan Libraries’ Milton S. Eisenhower Library, provides a wide range of services to students and faculty. Library staff members are available to provide individual reference assistance or group instructional sessions and to facilitate interlibrary loan, reserves and an array of library services. The library, located on the first floor of Gilchrist Hall, offers access to hundreds of online databases, electronic journals and an onsite collection of books supporting the programs offered at the Montgomery County Campus. To find out more about the library, including hours and contact information, visit our guide.
- Computer Services. Web-enabled work stations are located on campus, providing email access. Kiosks are not enabled for printing. Printing is available for a fee with a printing card, which can be purchased from the library on the first floor of Gilchrist Hall.
- Wireless Services. The campus offers wireless Internet access to all on-campus guests. If your guests intend to use the wireless network, please go to http://www.it.johnshopkins.edu/services/network/wireless/
- Farmers Market. Johns Hopkins University Montgomery County Campus hosts the Shady Grove Farmers Market. Season hours are 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Wednesdays from May through October. Fresh produce, baked goods, jewelry, food trucks and more.
- Security. Campus security officers are on duty from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. Monday thru Friday and from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Saturdays. In addition, surveillance cameras are positioned throughout the campus.